On the left side of the Student Notebook there are Lesson Settings. Here users are able to establish Skill Acquisition lesson preferences.
- Massed Trials - If selected, all Targets will need to be manually selected during a session; they will NOT automatically jump from one Target to the next. One Target will be presented until the Target's Desired Daily Trials has been reached. Users will then need to select the next Target to present.
- Sticky Programs - If selected, all Targets in ONE Program will automatically run. Once you have run the Desired Daily Trials for all Targets within one Program users will need to manually select to move to the next Program.
- Correction Trials - An adjustable slider that indicates the number of identical and consecutive correction trials to be presented following a prompted response.
Note: These settings can also be adjusted in the Student Section and can be locked so that users are unable to make adjustments in the Catalyst app. To learn more, please visit DTT Settings documentation.
4. Momentum Probes- An adjustable slider that indicates the number of previously mastered tasks/trials to be presented preceding each current acquisition Target during a teaching session.
Note: This setting can also be adjusted in the Student Portal and can be locked so that users are unable to make adjustments in the Catalyst app. If desired, the performance (or scores) on these Momentum Probes can be set to count towards the criteria to evaluate maintenance. To learn more, please visit DTT Settings documentation.
5. Momentum Type - There are three types of Momentum Targets and they define the number of and manner in which Behavioral Momentum Probes will present prior to Acquisition Targets during a DTT session.
- Intermixed - After scoring a particular Target, the next Target that pops up will be one defined Behavioral Momentum Target. Users can score this Momentum Target just as an Acquisition Target.
- Suggested - After scoring a particular Target, a new page with a list of up to 10 Momentum Targets will display for reference only.
- Multiple Scored - After scoring a particular Target, a new page with a list of up to 10 Momentum Targets will be listed and any of them can be scored as Maintenance.
6. Selection Mode - The manner in which Targets are presented during a DTT session.
- Random - All Targets selected for the DTT session are presented in a traditionally random order.
- Weighed by Performance - Targets are presented based on their current weights, which are computed based on student performance and trial counts. Targets on which students are having most difficulty AND the least practice become increasingly likely for selection.
- Ordered - All Targets selected for the DTT session are presented in a specific, user-chosen order. In order to utilize this feature you will also need to create a Playlist.
7. Clear Thermometers - Thermometers are progress indicators that initially display red, indicating no data points have been taken yet. Thermometers will progressively turn green as they reach their Desired Daily Trials.
Note: Resetting Thermometers will not interrupt or delete any data points that have already been collected.
8. Fetch Trial Data - The Catalyst app will put in all data that were taken on other devices within the last few days. The thermometers will fill up to green if there was a session earlier in the day for that student. Users can view how Targets were scored while in a session. Fetching Trial Data will also sync Target notes across devices.